Some peanut butters can contain xylitol. Make sure to read labels carefully. A small amount of peanut butter that does not contain xylitol is safe for dogs.
This is a great source of fiber. You can cook and mash fresh pumpkin or buy canned for baking! If you purchase canned, just make sure that it is 100% pumpkin puree and not with sugar and spices added.
Small amounts are okay to give to your dog. If a large amount is ingested, this can lead to vomiting and diarrhea.
These can be good sources of fiber and help with digestion.
Your favorite holiday fruitcake can contain raisins and this can be toxic! Raisins may lead to kidney failure in dogs even in small amounts.
As much as we humans love chocolate it can be very toxic to dogs. Ingestion of chocolate can cause a mild stomachache to severe increased heart rate, blood pressure and even seizures.
These can contain xylitol that can lead to life-threatening low blood sugar and liver failure in high amounts.